To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

synching ["Primary" vault should be deleted after migrating to 1Password membership]

Options
mbrunsvoldfgo
mbrunsvoldfgo
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

upgraded to 1password7 on my mac and then my iphone and now i have duplicate logins for each login on the phone??? Will they sync?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204000) AgileBits Sto
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to 1password7 on my phone and now i have duplicate logins for each login??? Will they sync?

Comments

• mbrunsvoldfgo
    mbrunsvoldfgo
    Community Member
    Options

if I click on the 1Password on my phone I can click on "all vaults" or chose between my Personal Vault or my iCloud vault?? I thought the ENTIRE POINT of 1Password is to only have 1 vault for all of my passwords??

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

Hi @mbernhardt

Will they sync?

No, they will not. You're supposed to delete the "Primary" (iCloud) vault as part of the migration process:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices
    (you can skip step #1 since you've already completed that)

The app should've prompted you to do this, but you may have opted not to at the time. :) Deleting the Primary vault should get rid of the duplicates. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, you tagged me but this wasn't my question :-)

• Ben
    Options

Sorry about that @mbernhardt. Meant to tag @mbrunsvoldfgo and it looks like the forum's auto-suggestions for usernames tripped me up.

Ben

• hs3789
    hs3789
    Community Member
    Options

Hi everyone,
    Having a similar problem. I had not deleted the primary vault for a while, and of course primary and personal diverged. Is there a way to identify differences between vaults? Or can I sort the primary by last change date?

Thanks,

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

How do I turn off notifications for this topic? I don't want to be a part of it! Perhaps a moderator can delete me from here?

• Hello @hs3789

You can sort vault contents by date modified in 1Password 7 for MacOS and Windows.

@mbernhardt I think if you delete the notification from the notifications on your profile page it will stop them.

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

@jin_dhaliwal I don't see any way to do that. I'm just turning off notifications for mentions of my name. You guys can talk about me all you want :-)

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

In fact there is no way to edit my preferences for a specific thread at all. There really ought to be. The only way to turn off notifications for this thread now that I participated is to turn them off for ALL threads in which I might participate.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback @mbernhardt. We'll pass that along to the folks that create the forum software we use (Vanilla Forums).

Ben

• mbernhardt
    mbernhardt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I mean, it's not exactly a revolutionary feature. As I'm sure you know, pretty much every other forum (I guess I haven't used Vanilla's product before) has it.

• Ben
    Options

Indeed. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.