Importing from True Key [Solved]

Options
AJAJ
AJAJ
Community Member
edited January 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'm on Windows 10. I've been using True Key. I'm trying to switch to 1Password. I exported my data from True Key. I imported the data into 1P but it appears to be a bad conversion. One thing is the website name of each login does not appear in the "Website" field. I have attached an image which shows what the logins look like.

Yes, I found the postings about MrC's complex converter but I can't get it to work (where is the Strawberry Perl archive?)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@AJAJ ,

Please see the first post of the converter suite thread. It explains what to do.

Use version 1.11 in Testing Bits. The README.pdf explains where to get Strawberry Perl, and the details. Just follow the steps.

I'm here to help if you need it.

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

MrC, thank you for being available to help. I did get the Strawberry Perl and I followed the instructions until I am the point where I'm getting error messages when I try to install the modules. Please see image.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Options

@AJAJ,

Did you launch the "portableshell.bat" file as mentioned? It sets up the path for your system to find the "cpan" program used to install the few modules.

That would have been step 3b.

3a. Unzip the Strawberry Perl archive and place the unzipped archive as the folder: C:\myperl (right click the archive, Extract All, and enter C:\myperl as the Destination path). When the unzip has completed, you can delete the zip file.
    3b. Enter the following command into Window’s Search programs and files box C:\myperl\portableshell.bat and hit Enter. This will open a command window with the required PATH variables set.
    3c. Some additional modules need to be installed into the Strawberry Perl C:\myperl area. Enter the command below into the already open command line window (copy and paste is the best method - to paste, right-click in the command line window). After you’ve entered the command, hit Enter.

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

I tried the 3B command but it does not work in the search box. I get a web page not a command window. So, I used cmd.exe to open the window and then did this (without the box): C:\myperl\portableshell.bat

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

Wait -- I did it again and it seems to be working. More later . . .

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@AJAJ,

Ok, good. I was just replying, but aborted what I wrote. I'll await your further reply.

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, I got the .pif file but I can't import it into 1P. It will only accept a .csv file.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@AJAJ

Are you using the desktop version of 1Password?

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure. I'm using a browser at 1password.com. Didn't know there was a desktop version.

Also: How can I delete my vault? It is filled with bad entries from my attempted import. Can't find a delete button.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@AJAJ

Use the Desktop version for both:

https://1password.com/downloads/windows/

• AJAJ
    AJAJ
    Community Member
    Options

Got it working. Thanks so much for your help with all this. It was really wonderful to have your quick replies to my questions.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Excellent, @AJAJ ,

Enjoy 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.