Please allow me to disable auto-fill for certain categories

Options

I absolutely love 1Password for passwords, but I prefer the Chrome autofill for other categories like credit cards.

Please let me stop 1Password from attempting to autofill payment forms. I'd still like the option to keep credit card info in 1Password as a secure backup, but I don't want it autofilled.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @themacguffinman,

I wouldn't want to say unequivocally no but I don't see us doing this. This feels like the sort of thing that would only ever get used by a very small number of people and otherwise would potentially generate support queries through misuse. I could be wrong, that's just my feeling.

If you want to keep certain details in 1Password but not have them display you could use a Secure Note and add custom fields for the details you would otherwise store in a Credit Card item. That would stop them being offered at least using the current version of 1Password X.

• themacguffinman
    themacguffinman
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough, thanks for the workaround

• themacguffinman
    themacguffinman
    Community Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

@littlebobbytables It's worth noting that Google Chrome splits up their autofill settings into three categories: "Passwords", "Payment methods", and "Addresses and more", so there is some UI precedent for it in mainstream software and evidently some user-need for it that the Chrome team had identified.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @themacguffinman,

You're right although, and this is certainly only my personal thoughts, one of 1Password's primary functions is to fill while for Chrome it's meant to be first a browser.

When considering a request we look at a few factors; how much development time may be required, what percentage of people may benefit but we also have to consider potential support both for correct use and accidental/incorrect use. If a feature would likely only appeal to a very small percentage of users but has the potential to make 1Password more confusing we have to ask is it worth it. To me, again just my personal view, but this feels like something very few people would use but could cause confusion or frustration.

Who knows, maybe 1Password will allow something at some point but I just think the argument won't ever be compelling enough. I could be wrong :smile:

• themacguffinman
    themacguffinman
    Community Member
    Options

That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to explain your position!

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of littlebobbytables, you're welcome! :smile: Don't let this discourage you from making other feature requests though, as we really appreciate the feedback. ;)

This discussion has been closed.