Stuck in non-functional limbo after upgrading to subscription

Options

I am stuck in non-functional limbo after upgrading to subscription and have not heard back from 1Password Support despite using support+urgent@1password.com address.

Hi. I have been using 1Password 4 for a long time and am VERY dependent on it.
On Monday I decided to use the new subscription service.
So I installed version 7 on my PC. It imported and removed/renamed my old data in the Dropbox. Looks good so far.
But then I did what this article (https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/) said to.
I did "Add your account directly" and the Windows app is supposed to have a "Transfer Items" button or something..... That did not come up.
Now I am stuck and can't even get to the correct screen to see my old data. And of course that old data is not syncing and since the dropbox file was removed, other PCs cannot get to it either.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgrade

Comments

• Hey, @thomasoatman! I apologize for the delay in replying to you. We've been in the process of digging ourselves out from under a pile of support requests after the holidays and, despite progress being made, we're still not quite up to our normal speedy standards just yet.

It sounds like you may not have actually added your account to your app. Here's a more detailed breakdown of what should happen there. You click that "add your account directly" button, then let it open 1Password (you should see a dialogue asking if that's okay). From there, you'll see a sign-in form in your app with your e-mail, sign-in address, and Secret Key filled, plus a blank for your Master Password. Enter your Master Password, click sign in, and THEN you should see the prompt to transfer items.

If that sounds like the process you went through, but you didn't see the "transfer items" option come up, give this a go:

1. Press Ctrl + D to bring up your vault list.
    2. Click the vault under On This PC.

This should show your data. Let me know if it does. From there, I can help you transfer that data into your account using another method.

If you think you may have missed any of the steps above, open and unlock 1Password, then click the Accounts menu. If you see an account listed there, then your account was added and you can follow my previous instructions to find your data. If there isn't an account listed, give adding your account another go following the steps I listed in my description. Let me know if that gets you the Transfer Items prompt (if it does, feel free to allow the transfer) and whether you have any other devices you need to add your account to and I'll help you get them set up from there. :+1:

• thomasoatman
    thomasoatman
    Community Member
    Options

Wow! Thank you Kate for such a wonderfully detailed answer.!!!!!

The one part missing is then using https://support.1password.com/move-copy-items/?windows#move-or-copy-items-in-the-apps to finally move my local to the cloud.

sorry to rag earlier, was cursing it like 40 times a day :-)

• On behalf of Kate you're welcome. We'll look at these two articles and see if we can improve it.

This discussion has been closed.