Password Changed but I don't remember doing it

ronen
ronen
Community Member

I wanted today
to enter my Bank Account and after 3 unsuccessful logins my Bank Blocked my user.
It seems that my password didn't match .
On my 1P I see a password modification dated yesterday .
I didn't try to change the Bank Password because I was in holiday without my devices .
Please see photo.
In other 1p logins it seems OK
Any advice will be appreciated

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: Account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ronen - I'm sorry for the trouble! I really can't say what might have gone wrong, since I have no way of knowing how you went about things...but that "Last Modified" date doesn't necessarily mean the password was changed on that date, only that something about the record was modified. You can click "View Password History" (just above Related Items in your screenshot), and see when the password was last changed. Do any of the previous passwords listed in the View Password History work? Or did you get it sorted out with your bank?

For reference, here’s the recommended method for how to change your passwords at websites where you have an account. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

Hi Lars .
    Thanks for your reply .
    Iv'e changed the Password after Bank Reset .
    I don't remember editing this Login ...
    So a mystery ...

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ronen - very odd indeed. As you know, 1Password will not (indeed cannot) simply change your passwords on its own. We often get asked for an automatic password change feature, and we have to explain why we don’t have plans for that. If there are other people with access to either any of your devices or to your bank account itself, you may want to check with them. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

• ronen
    ronen
    Community Member

No one else knows my 1P password.
    The bank Isn't the case , As the previous password was the right one .
    Never mind , Iv'e change the password and moving on ...
    Thanks again .
    Ronen

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ronen - glad to hear you were able to get it resolved! :) :+1:

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

I don't think this issue is actually resolved. I think it's another example of the modification date changing when merely viewing items (other, non-associated items) on iOS. I've seen this since May of 2018 with the rollout of 1Password 7.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@esquared - what specifically have you seen? The modification date issue you mentioned in the other thread is indeed a real issue...but it would not result in the changing of saved passwords in Login items, as far as we can tell.

• esquared
    esquared
    Community Member

@Lars - reading between the lines on the OP comments, I'm hypothesizing that the issue was NOT that the password changed, but only that the modification time changed. Regardless, my comment here can be ignored. I think the issue of mod-time changes is better addressed in the other thread you commented on earlier today.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@esquared :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.