To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Bought 1password v4 for Mac $49.99 + iOS $9.99. Now with v7, I don't have a license.

Options
mayumiyoshida
mayumiyoshida
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

I purchased 1password v4 for Mac and iOS in 2014 on iTunes store.
Now that you transitioned to subscription, I don't seem to have a license or add new id and have read-only access.
Please help me transition to new ways so that I can sufficiently use this application.

Thanks. !

1Password Version: 7.12
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Bought 1password v4 for $49.99. Now with v7, I don't have a license. Please help.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

Like most software, a licence only covers for the major version you bought. New major versions require new licences. You bought a licence for version 4, so need a new licence for version 7. (As it happens, the upgrades from 4 to 5 and from 5 to 6 were free, but that was an unexpected gift.)

You can subscribe to 1PW7, which is what I recommend. You can also buy a licence. A licence is bought within the program, currently $50 as an initial reduced price that may go up to the standard price of $65 at any time.

For information about subscriptions and why they are better than licences, see https://support.1password.com/why-membership/.

• Hello @mayumiyoshida

@danco is correct, the license you purchased does not apply to 1Password 7.

We recommend starting a subscription with us so you can get the best experience with 1Password 7. Licenses are also available through the app.

This discussion has been closed.