New user confusion: not seeing the January promotion or the annual discount

BooshBoosh
edited January 2019 in Purchasing

I saw the 1Password promotion and so I decided to download version 7, but I'm not seeing the January promotion and the billing section says I'll be billed $45/annum, but that's $3.75 CAD/month and I was informed that annual subscriptions have a discount over the monthly rate. So I don't know what the hell is going on.

How do I see and apply the promotion and why isn't billing showing the annual discounted rate rather than the monthly rate x 12 months?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• BooshBoosh
    edited January 2019

I downloaded the latest version of 1Password from the App Store but I'm not seeing any way to apply the discount. I created a user account on 1Password.com but the billing section only shows the regular subscription price.

Strangely, I'm not even seeing any mention of the discount promotion anywhere on the website. Seems sort of odd.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Boosh: Unfortunately I think you just answered your own question: we're taking part in an App Store promotion, so you'd only see the promotion if you signed up for the account there. Since you signed up through the website, your billing is done through there. Feel free to reach out to [email protected] though and we'll see what we can do to help. :)

• @brenty Oh, I thought I just had to download the app from the App Store. I didn't realize I also had to sign up through the app. I'm not sure why it should matter, however. The account is the same regardless of where I create it, isn't it? Why should it matter where the account was created if I'm still logging into it via the App Store version? It's unnecessarily confusing and kind of bizarre, but I assume that AgileBits has some reason for it.

Also, I really wish this promotion and the process of how to get it was spelled out clearly on the website. It's as if AgileBits doesn't want anyone to know about the promotion unless they happened to subscribe to their Twitter feed.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I'll contact sales this week to see if they can fix this issue. Otherwise, I'll have to nuke my account and start over.

• brentybrenty

Team Member

Oh, I thought I just had to download the app from the App Store. I didn't realize I also had to sign up through the app. I'm not sure why it should matter, however.

It's an App Store promotion, and like any other sale there, you won't get the special price without paying there as well. I am sorry for the confusion though.

The account is the same regardless of where I create it, isn't it? Why should it matter where the account was created if I'm still logging into it via the App Store version? It's unnecessarily confusing and kind of bizarre, but I assume that AgileBits has some reason for it.

I wish there was more flexibility as far as going between the App Store and our own systems, but we have limited interaction with Apple's systems.

Also, I really wish this promotion and the process of how to get it was spelled out clearly on the website. It's as if AgileBits doesn't want anyone to know about the promotion unless they happened to subscribe to their Twitter feed.

I get where you're coming from, but it's not really helpful for us to have it on our website when you couldn't take advantage of it there.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I'll contact sales this week to see if they can fix this issue. Otherwise, I'll have to nuke my account and start over.

Definitely get in touch. I have little doubt that we can figure something out for you. :)

• BooshBoosh
    edited January 2019

@brenty Is it normal to wait a week or more to hear back from Support? I sent in a support email on Monday, Jan 21st. I still haven't heard back. Seems like a long time to wait, especially since 1Password touts itself as a premium product.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Boosh

Unfortunately at the moment that is the situation. I'll see what I can do to expedite your request.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.