Removing old (non-account) vault

This discussion was created from comments split from: Primary vs. Personal Vaults.

Comments

• VinnieB
    VinnieB
    Community Member

Brenty -
    MY OBJECTIVE IS HAVING ONE UP-TO-DATE VAULT ACCESSIBLE WHEREVER I MAY BE, FROM ANY ONE OF MY FOUR DEVICES

I have read the above questions / answers and I still am a bit confused. I am a former Licensed 1Password user that converted to Subscribed 1Password 7 user a few months ago. I now have two different vaults running at the same time. Yes, I ignored the advice of the install process and did not delete the old vault. I don't remember which is the old vault. In the middle of the install, a family emergency arose and I became distracted and I'm sure I did not finish the install. I have added / deleted / modified items since the install.

iMac - 1Password 7 Version 7.2.4 (70204000) AgileBits Store)
    MacBookP - 1Password Version 6.8.8 (688001) Mac App Store (Just discovered this was older)
    iPad IOS - 1Password Version 7.2.6 App Store
    iPhone IOS - 1Password Version 7.2.6 App Store

The two vaults show I have the following:
    1) Primary - on iCloud - depicted with a cloud - and 427 items
    2) Personal - residing where? - depicted with a flag - 458 items

The above vaults read the same on my iMac, MacBookP, iPad, and iPhone.

What is the best way to proceed, step-by-step?
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@VinnieB: Is there some context I'm missing? I don't see any previous messages from you here. If you're following up on some previous discussion, please let me know. :)

I guess based on what I know so far, it sounds like you've sorta-kinda setup a 1Password membership subscription account, but you've still kept the old Primary (local) vault hanging around (the Personal/Private vault is part of the 1Password account). Maybe that's causing some confusion. If you sign into your account on 1Password.com, do you have all of your data there?

https://start.1password.com

Or is the data you want to keep currently in the Primary vault still? Let me know and we'll go from there.

• VinnieB
    VinnieB
    Community Member

@Brenty: Sorry for just jumping in on this thread. That was my initial post.

The https://start.1password.com URL leads me to my 1Password account, which shows the vault Personal with a count of 458. In my 1Password App for my iMac when I open I have the two Personal (Flag)(458) and Primary (iCloud)(427). The Personal appears to have all of my data online and in the app.

So Primary (iCloud) is the one to dump? The Personal (also online) to keep? Where is Personal(online) kept... at AgileBits cloud?

Another question will be how do I upgrade my MacBookP from Apple Store version to AgileBits Store version?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sorry for just jumping in on this thread. That was my initial post.

@VinnieB: No worries. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I'll split you off into a separate discussion so we don't get our wires crossed. :)

The https://start.1password.com URL leads me to my 1Password account, which shows the vault Personal with a count of 458. In my 1Password App for my iMac when I open I have the two Personal (Flag)(458) and Primary (iCloud)(427). The Personal appears to have all of my data online and in the app.

That's perfect! Thank you!

So Primary (iCloud) is the one to dump? The Personal (also online) to keep?

Correct. You can do that by switching to the Primary vault in 1Password and then selecting Vault > Delete Vault in the menu bar. Note: you'll still have backup archives of the old vault if needed...but I suspect you won't. :)

Where is Personal(online) kept... at AgileBits cloud?

Correct. Your encrypted data is stored in your account, so you can access it on any device by signing in. It's also cached locally on your device so it's available offline -- just like you're used to.

Another question will be how do I upgrade my MacBookP from Apple Store version to AgileBits Store version?

Just drag it to the Trash, restart your Mac, and install the app from our website: https://1password.com/downloads/

That should do the trick, but we're here if you need anything else. :)

• VinnieB
    VinnieB
    Community Member

@Brenty: Your instructions were spot on. No glitches. All four of my physical devices are now humming in sync.
    Thank you again for your time and expertise.
    VinnieB

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well for you now, but if you ever have questions you know where to find us. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.