To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Could someone help me either reset or close out my account?

davidjenn2a
davidjenn2a
Community Member

Hello. I signed up for a trial of 1password a few days ago and everything worked fine. However, I decided to change my master password yesterday and locked myself out. I do know what I wanted it to be but I'm thinking I've miss typed it. I should have copyed and pasted from notepad instead of typing it in. I'm visually impaired so I didn't really see the number of characters I had entered. I think I might have made the password too long or something. Either way, I'd like to reset the account so I can start useing the service again or close it out. I'd rather keep useing the service though. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• davidjenn2a
    davidjenn2a
    Community Member

ok, here's the reference number the automated system gave me when I e-mailed support. GCM-94264-738 Hope that helps some.

• janferg
    janferg
    Community Member

Hi I have signed up for the free trial and thought I had made a screen shot of the emergency kit but cannot find it after lots of searching. So I don't know my secret code. I would like to know how to close the account. What happens to billing?Thanks Janet

• @davidjenn2a

I've followed up with your support ticket. Please check your email, we should definitely be able to help you get back up and running.

@janferg

If you no longer have access to the account, we can assist you in deleting the account and recreating it. If your account is still in the 30 day trial period then billing shouldn't be an issue, as nothing will be charged once deleted.

Please contact support by emailing support@1password.com with a link to this forum thread.

Reply here with the Support ID that you get after you send in your support request. We will make sure to follow up.

• AlessandroTrespidi
    AlessandroTrespidi
    Community Member

Could somebody please help me too? I wrote two emails and a post here on the forum but nobody answered me

• @AlessandroTrespidi

Could you provide the Support ID for one of the support emails you've sent in? We apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

• davidjenn2a
    davidjenn2a
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. I've deleted and recreated the account and everything seems to be good now. Thanks again.

• Glad I could help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.