Does anyone know if there is a way to add an icon to the Apple menu bar?

KingBob
KingBob
Community Member

Hi, I have upgraded to a 1P account. I know there is a 1P button on the browser, so no problem there, but I was wondering if there is a way to place a 1P icon on the top Apple menu bar, like there is on the stand alone 1P account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does anyone know if there is a way to add an icon to the Apple menu bar?

Comments

• Hi @KingBob

There is indeed. In 1Password 7 for Mac select 1Password > Preferences > General and then enable the "Show 1Password in the menu bar" option:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• KingBob
    KingBob
    Community Member

Hi, thanks for the response. My question was not about the stand alone account for 1PW 6-7. As noted, I know there is an apple menu bar icon for that. I was referring to the web-based, subscription account. I'm aware there is a button on the browser tool bar, but I cannot locate one for the actual Apple tool bar. Thanks again.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2019

@KingBob,

Its possible.

But maybe instead you really want your Safari 1password.com bookmark on the Dock? Here's how to do it quickly and easily and here's another way.

There are tools such as BitBar that allow you to customize the menu bar with commands/output.

• KingBob
    KingBob
    Community Member

Hi, thanks. I don't have any problem with the dock. I'll give the BitBar a try. Thanks.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@KingBob ,

Use the first link I posted for the Dock, not BitBar (which is cool, btw.).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

I think the confusion may be that it seems you're under the impression that there are different versions of 1Password for standalone vs subscription. 1Password 7 for Mac (what my screenshot above is from) can be used in either situation: standalone or subscription. That's the only supported way to have 1Password in the menu bar. There isn't a way, at least not one that we support, to put an icon for the 1Password.com website in the Apple menu bar.

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.