To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just transitioned to membership - a few questions

Options
Bob Grace
Bob Grace
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Memberships

I just switched over to a 1Password membership and have a few questions:

(1) I migrated all of my data over from my previous Primary vault which was synced with iCloud. I deleted the Primary vault in 1Password on my iPhone, but that vault is still available in 1Password on my iPad and Mac. Do I have to delete the Primary vault in each instance of 1Password?
(2) Now that I have a 1Password account, is it recommended to delete 1Password data from iCloud through iCloud settings?
(3) I installed the 1Password extension for Safari but understand that 1Password support was built-in to Safari starting with 1Password 7.2. What is the difference between this and the extension?
(4) I noticed that the Safari extension does not automatically submit logins like before. Is this feature no longer available?

Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't actually say what version of the OS you are using, or what version of Safari. I'll assume it is Mojave (10.14).

1. Auto-submit was removed due to security changes by Apple. You'll just have to get used to pressing Return to submit after using cmd-\ to autofill

2. It is still an extension, but is part of the program. Again, this is due to a change by Apple in Safari 12. Safari 12 does not accept the old extension from AgileBits. It currently does accept (if you are on an older 1PW) the old extension downloaded from the Safari Extension Gallery, but this option is planned by Apple to disappear shortly.

3. Because the Primary vault is essentially a local vault, it does need to be deleted on each device.

4. I guess so, but don't know for sure.

• Hello,

@danco is correct on all points.

1. You will need to delete the Primary vault from each device, as it is local to each device.
    2. You do not need to delete the data from iCloud, unless you are 100% sure you will not need it in the future. Perhaps place it in an archive folder just in case. It's unlikely that you will need it, but I'm an advocate for keeping data unless I have a reason to remove it.
    3. They are the same, just built in starting with Safari 12.
    4. Yes the auto-submit feature was removed.
  • Bob Grace
    Bob Grace
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Jin, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.