To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Subscription/Account/Vault model on 1Password.com

Options
bendegen
bendegen
Community Member

I'm interested in setting up a 1Password.com subscription for my parents. One has an existing 1Password database on Dropbox and accessed by one Windows computer. The other parent will be a new setup, again on a Windows computer.

I purchased a family subscription and created one password to protect it. When I invite my Dad to be a member of the subscription, will he be prompted to create his own account under the subscription with a separate one password, or do my parents share the one password created during the initial setup? Can each parent create separate vaults within their own account, or is it one vault per person?

Thank you,
Ben

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hello @bendegen

When a family member is invited to join the family, they will be guided through the steps to create their own 1Password account. This means they will create their own master password and will receive their own Emergency Kit (which you should probably keep handy, just in case).

In a family, there is one shared vault that everyone has access to, and private vaults for each member. So they will have their own private vaults that they can use for data that doesn't need to be shared. '

You can read more about family accounts here: https://1password.com/families/

Hopefully that answered your questions. Please let us know if you need any more info.

• bendegen
    bendegen
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Glad I could help! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.