1Password Crashing upon open on new iPhone XS

chadcham
chadcham
Community Member

I just upgraded to a new iPhone XS and successfully transferred all of my data and apps. I was able to successfully open up my 1Password app and it prompted me to enter my dropbox credentials which I did. Once that was completed, the app now opens up for less than one second and then crashes and displays an open to report the bug with three buttons (yes, always, and no) but even that dialog box disappears in less than one second. This is a fairly big issue for me since after upgrading to a new phone, I have to enter every single password into every single app and account the first time I use it on the new phone, and all of those logins are stored in 1Password. Please let me know how I can resolve this issue. I cannot check the 1Password version since it crashes immediately, but it should be the newest version since it just downloaded from the app store after setting up the new phone.

Thanks
Chad

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 12.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@chadcham: It sounds like when you "upgraded" iOS didn't restore the app very well, and it's either damaged or in a bad state. Please delete it, install a fresh copy from the App Store, and then set it up with your Dropbox vault again. If you encounter the same problem, it's probably the Dropbox app. Uninstalling that will allow you to use 1Password itself to authenticate. Let me know how it goes.

• lstk
    lstk
    Community Member

Hi! also here, after a clean install, direct download from the app store, first time opening 1password it crashes. did that on iphone 6s and now on iphone xr

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lstk!

Are you also using Dropbox to sync your data? If so, have you tried uninstalling the Dropbox app too, as Brenty mentioned?

• lstk
    lstk
    Community Member

no not using dropbox to sync

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@lstk - can I ask what version of 1Password for iOS you're installing/downloading?

• lstk
    lstk
    Community Member

version 7.2.7

• Thanks @lstk. Please send us the crash logs. Here are the steps you'll need to follow:

1. Plug your phone into your computer and sync it with iTunes.
    2. Switch to the Finder, click on the Go menu and choose "Go to Folder..."
    3. Paste the following into the window that pops up: ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
    4. Select all the files that begin with 1Password and drag them to Mail in the Dock to create a new mail message.
    5. Send the email to support+forum@agilebits.com

With your email please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100526/1password-crashing-upon-open-on-new-iphone-xs#latest
    as well as your forum handle.

When you send the message you will get an automated reply from BitBot containing a Support ID. Please post the Support ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

Ben

This discussion has been closed.