How can I change the display language

Hello there,

the categories' names appear in Russian, but I dont speak Russian. How can I change it to English.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there, @Baxlash!

Thanks for your report. That's very odd, as we don't have language selection for 1Password X yet. I'd like to ask you a few questions before I dig into this:

• If you sign into 1Password.com and look at the categories there, do you see them in Russian or English?
    • What happens if you remove and then re-add 1Password X?
    • Do you have Russian set as a language anywhere on your system, be it Windows, your browser, or an extension?
    • Which browser are you using?

Thanks!

• Baxlash
    Baxlash
    Community Member

Everything else is in English.
    I tried that and no luck.
    As I am Bulgarian, I have everything in Bulgarian, but anything that does not support Bulgarian I use in English.
    I suspect that this is the problem. My Chrome has a Bulgarian interface and probably this is what force 1password X to use Russian. Because the Russians is also using Bulgarian alphabet.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Baxlash,

At the moment we have localisations for a few languages for parts of 1Password X. My understanding of it all is all we do is supply the mappings and then everything is left to Chrome as to how best handle it. I'm not sure of Chrome's inner workings but I wonder if for some reason if Bulgarian is not available it considers Russian a fallback? It's a complete guess on my part, I'm not well versed in Chrome's behaviour in this area.

In Chrome's preferences you can order the languages as a user configurable preference, how is yours set up?

• Hey @Baxlash,

The most recent beta version of 1Password X allows you to change the language on the Settings page:

Get 1Password X Beta

Thank you for the suggestion!

Mitch

This discussion has been closed.