To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

no access - reset membership account request

icemanmw
icemanmw
Community Member

Hi - can someone please help me reset my membership account (I forgot my master password and unable to retrieve through the recommended methods). I still hace access to the local data. But i have no access to online account. All data can be restored with my backup. So no problem to reset or delete my account.

I would be great if you can help.

YAJ-72838-446

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @icemanmw, sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! We can definitely help you reset your account, but we'll need to continue over email - I'll followup with your ticket momentarily.

• Njacobs88
    Njacobs88
    Community Member

I am unable to remember my master password for my individual account and would like to reset it. I also have a family account that the year subscription has ended. I would like to continue with an individual account through iTunes and transfer my vault from my family account to the new account. Help will be appreciated!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Njacobs88: If you can't remember your Master Password for the account, you won't be able to continue using it. There's just no way around that. If you need help deleting an account you no longer have access to, shoot us an email at sales@1password.com from the account's registered email address. Just keep in mind that any data stored in the account will be destroyed in that case.

• Njacobs88
    Njacobs88
    Community Member

Will I be able to have the subscription credited to the new account that I open?

• Yes, our sales team should be able to help with that when you make the request by email.

Thanks,

Ben

• Njacobs88
    Njacobs88
    Community Member

I emailed the support team on the 22nd and still have not received a response. I am unsure of what is causing the delay, but can someone please pass this on to the support team and have them contact me? My reference number is #HWN-71125-335

• @Njacobs88

I apologize. The way our email support system works is that the team replies to emails in the order they are received, based on the timestamp on the newest email in the thread. When you email multiple times that results in a bump to the end of the queue. I've flagged your ticket as urgent and will do what I can to get you a response ASAP.

Thank you.

Ben

• Njacobs88
    Njacobs88
    Community Member

Thank you for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2019

Likewise, thanks for your patience. I'll get back to you shortly.

In case it helps anyone else:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

This discussion has been closed.