Passwords imported into online version not showing up on Mac app

JohnReel
JohnReel
Community Member

Hi.

I signed up a few days ago, so am using the latest version of everything and followed the instructions to import from LastPass. A couple of days later, the imported vault finally appeared on the 1Password app my Android phone, but it still hasn't appeared on my Mac in the 1Password app. It shows a personal vault only, while the imported ones are in a vault called "private" on the web version. How do I get that vault on the web version to show up in the desktop app?

(I also sent this to email support, but have not got a reply.)

Thank you,
John

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:arst

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @JohnReel -- and to 1Password! If you have a vault called Personal and another vault called Private, then it sounds very much as if you may have inadvertently signed up for two different 1Password for Mac accounts. "Personal" is the name of the default vault a user will have in an individual 1Password account, while "Private" is the default vault for personal/private items in either a 1Password Teams account or a 1Password Families account. Is it possible you signed up for both, perhaps from different devices? If you're signed in on more than one device, go to either Preferences > Accounts (on Mac) or Settings > Accounts on Android or iOS and look at both the URL and the Secret Key of each account. Do they match exactly? If not, you've likely created two accounts, and that would be why your imported data appears in one place but not the other. Let me know what you discover. If that turns out to be the case, then you'll want to decide which of these accounts you want to keep (there's no reason to have both), and then let me know and we'll go about getting your data into the proper account, and signed into that account everywhere.

If you discover that's NOT the case, let me know that as well.

• JohnReel
    JohnReel
    Community Member

Okay, that was the problem, though I thought I followed the instructions to the letter. I now have my passwords, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JohnReel - great! That sounded like what it might be, so I'm glad you were able to get it sorted. One final thing, so there are no nasty surprises later. When you sign up for a 1password.com account, you're encouraged (but not required) to add a credit card for payment, which won't bill until the end of your 30-day free trial. If I were you (and you're still in your trial period on both accounts), I'd check each account in a browser, to make sure the one I DO want to keep has a payment method attached (so it doesn't enter Frozen status after 30 days), and the one I DON'T want to keep has any payment method removed, so I don't get hit with a charge after 30 days for a superfluous account I neither want nor need. To check, just sign into each account in a browser and click the Billing tab, where you can make any necessary changes. Let me know if you have any further questions or troubles. Cheers!

• JohnReel
    JohnReel
    Community Member

I think maybe it was two accounts under the family plan. I certainly didn't sign up twice.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@JohnReel - I've just shot you a quick email. If you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk (the NERVE! 😉).

This discussion has been closed.