How to switch one computer to the folder the other 2 are using,

Options
learning curve
learning curve
Community Member

I have a standalone 1Password7 on my MacBook,iMac and iPad, synced on Dropbox.. The iMac isn't syncing to the other 2 though they sync to each other. The i'Mac's sync address, it's Dropbox>iPassword.opvault.
The iPad and MacBook sync to Dropbox/1Password/1Password.opvault.

How do I get them to sync together?

1Password Version: iMac and MacBook 7.2.4. iMac, can't find it.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Merge 2 sync folders on Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@learning curve - I'm sorry for the trouble. When you have two keychains like that, you'll also have two separate sets of data. They probably originated from the same set of data at one point, but you'll need to manually merge them and weed out duplicates/conflicts. The best way to do this is decide which set of data seems more complete and up-to-date, and use that one going forward. Then switch sync OFF on any devices which do NOT use this OPVault, then turn Dropbox syncing back ON, and be sure to choose the correct OPVault this time. You want all devices using the same OPVault in Dropbox. Weed out any duplicates or conflicts, and you should be in sync from then on. If you want more in-depth steps for this, try our guide to Dropbox troubleshooting.

• learning curve
    learning curve
    Community Member
    Options

It worked! thank your for your clear explanation.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@learning curve - glad to hear it! Let us know if you have any further issues or questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.