Can't copy password - no editing permission

Options

When I generate a new password for a site and try to copy it I get an error message that I need a vault with "allow editing" permission. I have a single account so how to I get editing permission? No idea to find the IPassword Version if it is different than the extension version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.3.9
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search: Allow Editing permission"

Comments

• kristl
    kristl
    Community Member
    Options

I forgot to mention that I have have a new subscription with the 30 day free trial.

• Hey, @kristi! This sounds like something misconfigured in your desktop app. Perhaps you've set up a standalone vault rather than your account, or you may not have signed in with your account just yet. Give this a quick check for me:

1. Open the 1Password desktop app from your Start menu.
    2. Unlock it, if needed, then choose 1Password > Settings.
    3. Click Updates. Let me know the version you see there.
    4. While in the desktop app, click Accounts in the title bar and let me know if your account is listed there.
    5. Next, press Ctrl + D and let me know if you see anything "On this PC" in the sidebar.

These tidbits will help me get a better idea of how you've got things set up so I can give you some steps to try to fix things up. Thanks! :chuffed:

• kristl
    kristl
    Community Member
    Options

Hi budntkate. My version is 7.3.657. Yes, my account is showing up in Accounts. When I press Ctrl + D nothing happens. I don't see a column with "On this PC". And thank you so much for your help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kristl,

If you don't have any standalone vaults in 1Password on your PC, we need to investigate further. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your device, where you see this message:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com. Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.