No more common login?

IsThisNameTaken
IsThisNameTaken
Community Member

I run the 1PW app (in the menu bar) and extensions for FFox and Safari on my iMac (newest versions of all apps and macOS). Until not too long ago, logging in to any instance of 1PW logged me in to all of them. Now I have to log in to each separately. When did this change, and why? It drives me nuts. Did I miss something?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@IsThisNameTaken: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion there. You've installed 1Password X, which runs entirely on its own in the browser. It has no connection to the desktop app, as it was created expressly for those who cannot install that. You could use the 1Password desktop app's companion extension instead, as that works the way it sounds like you want it to:

https://support.1password.com/1password-extension/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• IsThisNameTaken
    IsThisNameTaken
    Community Member

Well, that was easy. I was wondering why the desktop app kept offering to install the FF extension when I thought I already had. I just thought 1PW X was the latest version of the extension and not a completely separate version. Thanks for the clarification.

• Glad to hear that sorted it. On behalf of brenty you are most welcome. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.