Why do I have teeny-tiny icons in the sidebar...

Options
nigelm
nigelm
Community Member

I am using 1Password 7.2.4 (Agilebits version).

I have the left hand side bar in its reduced mode, and for some reason recently the icon set within that sidebar have become very very small, as shown in this image - this seems to happen if (as is my preference) the categories section is unfolded.

As a contrast if the categories section is folded and the watchtower section unfolded it looks like this - with larger icons

Sometimes, for no rhyme or reason, 1Password appears to start with larger icons in the category section. Mostly it doesn't and I can't find the magic incantation to make them larger...

Any solutions to this other than having the expanded sidebar open?

Nigel.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud/1PW account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nigelm - I'm sorry for the trouble! It looks - though I can't be certain from just your description and screenshots - as if somewhere a line of code isn't picking up the larger icon size and defaulting instead to the smaller one. I'll file an issue internally and we'll have a look. It would be great if you could narrow down for us under what specific conditions 1Password does this for you (and does NOT do it), but if you don't have the time to check, that's fine as well.

• nigelm
    nigelm
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars I'm very happy to help you debug this, but up to now I have not managed to work out what causes 1Password to go into this state - or how to get out of it other than running with the wider sidebar..

If you can give me any steer to produce useful debug/diagnostics info.

One thing that may be relevant is that I have a 4 digit quantity of stored passwords - intially I was wondering playing with the "Show item count in sidebar" setting would change things, but it does not.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nigelm - I don't think our standard diagnostics report tool would show us anything relevant to this specific issue. We did some testing on this yesterday and weren't able to reproduce the issue no matter what we tried, so I'm wondering whether you have plugins that might affect things. That's why I asked whether you were able to notice any pattern to it; if you can find reproducible steps, we can either confirm or falsify that in our own setups, and potentially find what's going on. We've got this filed as an issue, but to be candid with you, intermittent small icon sizes on menubar collapse is something that's going be relatively far down on the priority list based on other things vying for developer time, especially if we can't even reproduce the issue here. That's why, if this is a relatively larger, important issue for you, I'm hoping you can discover some steps to reliably reproduce the issue.

This discussion has been closed.