How can one make login accounts disappear from Inactive 2FA list ?

Options
SchmittD
SchmittD
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

I have a couple dozen inactive 2FA in my account. I now activated 2FA on about half of these.
However, the logins with newly activated 2FA did not disappear from the list of inactive FA logins.
How come? How can I make them disappear?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SchmittD - couple of points: if you used the 1Password Login item to record the TOTP codes for the sites in question, it certainly should have removed them from the Inactive 2FA list, as they were entered. However, if you used a separate 2FA authenticator app or hardware device like Yubikey, this will be the reason, as 1Password can't "know" that you've used an alternative method, only what's entered into its own records.

Having said that, any item in the Inactive 2FA list can be removed by editing the item and adding the tag 2FA to it, so you can always remove items that way if nothing else. However, if you used 1Password to record the TOTP code and it's still not being removed from the Inactive 2FA list, I'd like to know that, since that would be a bug. Can you clarify?

• SchmittD
    SchmittD
    Community Member
    Options

I see. Thanks for explaining.
    I have newer used 1Password to record the TOTP code. I use an iOS app.
    I can confirm that adding 2FA to the tag will remove the login item from the 2FA list.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SchmittD - you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.