Can't find existing license and app store version doesn't work

jonruizjonruiz
edited January 2019 in Purchasing

I've been a 1password users for 10+ years and bought a license (or maybe several for upgrades over the years). The license is associated with my email address. I just got a new computer and tried to install 1password, but I can't find a place to enter the license number. I'm not sure what license key to enter either. I still have a licensed/working version on my previous computer, but I don't see where to find the license on that old version. Your help is appreciated.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.1
Sync Type: cloud
Referrer: forum-search:App Store license

Comments

• dancodanco Senior Member Community Moderator

The licence has been a licence FILE (not a key) for several versions. Is the version on your old computer 1PW6 or 1PW7? If ir was 1PW6, please note that 1PW7 is a new purchase, the old licence won't work (and in any case there are advantages in moving to the subscription).

Some places to look for the licence file.

1. Inside your 1PW vault itself. At some point (not sure when) it started getting saved automatically.

2. In your emails. You would have been sent an email with a link to the licence file or the file itself as an attachment.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @jonruiz

I hope danco's comments were helpful. As he mentioned 1Password requires a license file, rather than a "key," and has for some time. If you haven't purchased a 1Password 7 for Mac license or a 1Password membership yet one of those would be required in order to use 1Password 7. You can read more here:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever | 1Password

Ben

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file