Where is the vault file located on Ubuntu?

Greetings, I have tried to locate the vault file on my Ubuntu system to no avail.

Where does 1PasswordX store passwords? I've looked in ~/.config/google-chrome/ and in the extensions folder - I expected a .sqlite database but could not find one.

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JohnStott,

Assuming Chrome uses the same folder structure on Linux as they do on macOS you should find in the Chrome profile folder a folder titled IndexedDB and then inside of there a folder titled chrome-extension_aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa_0.indexeddb.leveldb. That's the extension folder created by Chrome where we can store data on the device. The actual file ought to be given away by the file size as I'm not sure the name will be consistent between platforms or maybe even Chrome profiles.

• Hey @JohnStott,

Web SQL (the browser implementation of sqlite) is deprecated so we don't use it. Instead 1Password X stores its data using IndexedDB. @littlebobbytables has pointed you in the direction of the files on disk, and you can also browse the DB directly from within the browser itself:

1. Go to chrome://extensions
    2. Enable Developer Mode
    3. Click "Inspect views: background page" in the card for 1Password X
    4. Click the Applications tab
    5. Select IndexedDB in the sidebar.
This discussion has been closed.