I get cannot connect to appstore when trying to access old purchase of 1password. Why?

fredriks
fredriks
Community Member

I have bought an old version of 1password for mac. I can see it in my purchase history, but when clicking on it, i get the error cannot connect to AppStore.
I see that I can download old versions from your site, but I guess that they do not find my license in AppStore.
How do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:appstore old versions

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fredriks - I'm sorry for the trouble. Did you mean the Mac App Store? If so, that's not something we can assist you with, if you're having troubles connecting. If you meant our own store, old licenses are no longer available for download, since we've switched to FastSpring for our license store in 1Password 7 for Mac. Can you clarify where you purchased?

• fredriks
    fredriks
    Community Member

OK, I have purchased it from Mac Appstore.
    The problem is not that I cannot connect to the AppStore, the problem is that your application is remove, so I can not get it from AppStore anymore.
    I have found your downloadpage for old versions, but I assume that it will not be sufficient for me, since I have my license in Mac AppStore.

• @fredriks,

This is true we did remove 1Password 6 from sale in the App Store. You'll need to go to your Purchases tab in the Mac App Store in order to locate your previous purchase in your purchase history. Searching in the normal storefront will only find 1Password 7.

• fredriks
    fredriks
    Community Member

OK, I am trying to say that this does not work, your application is not reachable for me that way.
    I find my 1password in the purchase history in AppStore on my mac along with all other applications that I have bought.
    But when clicking on your application, I get the error "cannon connect to appstore", which I do not get from the other applications I have.
    My assumption was that the link does not work anymore.
    I have 2 macs, and the behaviour is the same on both. They both run yosemite.

• fredriks
    fredriks
    Community Member

The link is: https://itunes.apple.com/se/app/1password/id443987910?l=en&mt=12

When pasting that into a browser, and choses open in appstore, it gives back. The application is not available in your country or region.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fredriks - if you can't download an app from the Mac App Store, you'll need to get in touch with Apple about that. We don't have any insight into, let alone control over, what might be going on with your system's ability to download your previous purchase of our app. It sounds like you might be in Sweden. I don't have the ability to load that store here, but I'd get in contact with Apple to see if there's anything on their end that's gone wrong. Let us know what you discover, please -- I'd like to make sure 1Password 6 for Mac isn't unavailable in Sweden.

• fredriks
    fredriks
    Community Member

Hi, then I give up :(
    Getting in touch with apple from sweden is not anything you wanna do, really, trust me on that.
    So.. is there any possibility to buy 1password 7 from you, without the yearly plan option?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Did you by any chance buy 1PW when you were in a different country or with a different AppleID? I'm no expert on this, but I think you would get into this situation as you would only be able to get 1PW6 now (as it has been replaced by 1PW7) if you were in the store where you originally purchased.

Anyway, you can buy a licence for 1PW7 if you download the version from AgileBits (the App Store version is subscription only). There isn't an upgrade price from 1PW6, the price is the same for everyone but I believe there is still a launch discount.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@fredriks - don't give up! That would be awful. If you'd be willing to send a quick email to sales@1password.com and include a link to this thread, they may have more tools to be able to assist you.

This discussion has been closed.