Windows App - Scan QR code for 2FA

Hey guys, this is my first post here!

Just wanted to describe a problem that I encountered while using the Windows version of 1Password. When I try to scan a QR code from my screen in order to enable 2FA, nothing happens. I'm afraid this feature is broken or there is something going on with my machine.

Anyways, thought it would be helpful to post this here (:

Thanks for the attention and have a nice week!

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @grungeguerra,

Thank you for getting in touch! Welcome to the forum. :chuffed:

First of all, could you please specify: are you trying to enable 2FA for your 1Password account and store your secret in 1Password or you want to use 1Password as authenticator and enable 2FA on a different website?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• grungeguerra
    grungeguerra
    Community Member

Hi Greg,

I'm trying to use 1Password as an authenticator for another account. But i'm not being able to read the QR code with 1Password on my Windows PC.

• Hi @grungeguerra,

For now, please take a screenshot of the QR barcode (Windows + Shift + S) and then paste it in the 2FA field (scan from clipboard), it'll work more consistently this way.

The current barcode scanner we're using doesn't like askew images or no edges one, so we're working on finding a better scanner now.

• grungeguerra
    grungeguerra
    Community Member

Thanks @MikeT , will use this solution for now.

• You're welcome, sorry about this glitch. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.