Had to reinstall all s/w on Mac yesterday. Can't get 1Password Extensions working today.

kpearlson
kpearlson
Community Member

I have had 1Password for many years. I don't recall signing up for an account (so no secret key). Had to reformat my Mac yesterday and today when I went to use safari, I noticed that 1Password extensions was not installed. Tried to figure out how to do that again and was led to the 1Password site where I had to create a new account (so now i have an account, with a different master key and an emergency kit/secret key). So now I have 2 issues:
1. how do I get extensions working
2. how do I merge my accounts so I don't lose all my passwords/secure notes?

More details:
I tried to 'install extensions' and that sent me to another help page. that page wants me to download 1Password again. afraid to do this at this point

New account I set up has different master password from my current 1Password (working) app on my mac. I have over 500 passwords/secure notes.

Getting very lost in the forums/help pages. not sure what to follow next.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: none installed right now
OS Version: mojave 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't get extension to work. do I need to purchase?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @kpearlson! I see you've asked this same question of our email support team. Since it will involve details of your specific 1Password setup, let's keep the conversation going via email instead of in this public forum. We answer user requests in the order we receive them -- so please be patient with us as we work through answers to people who've been waiting a while longer than you have. One of us will be with you shortly. :)

This discussion has been closed.