Stop email notifications per thread: how?

jimthing
jimthing
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Lounge

How does one stop receiving email notifications on certain threads that we don't want to keep up with on these forums?

Seemingly, the prefs here are all or nothing options (get notifications / don't get notifications, with various basic qualifiers), AFAICT...?

Most other forums (e.g. MacRumors, et al.) offer an "unsubscribe to this thread" option, on both the email and/or the online thread's page.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jimthing

Unfortunately it is a bit of "all or nothing," as you say. We're using Vanilla Forums for the forum software. We have submitted this feedback to them, but I couldn't say if or when a change might happen. One thing you can do is leave these two options enabled:

Notify me when people comment on my bookmarked discussions.
    Notify me when people mention me.

Then disable:

Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in.

1Password Team Members will almost universally "mention" you (@jimthing) when answering you. If there are threads you want to keep up on where you may not be mentioned you can bookmark them (star icon at the top right).

Ben

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member

I see, okay, understand. Thanks @Ben

• You're welcome. :)

Ben

• romad
    romad
    Community Member

Hi, Ben

Am I correct in believing the preference "Notify me when people comment on my discussions." refers to discussions I have started?

• I'm fairly certain that is correct.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.