Disable Reused Password Notification?

13»

Comments

• gek
    gek
    Community Member

@lars I'm still on 1pasword6 so I won't see them that way, but I'll check out the history server. thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@gek :) :+1:

• Ron I
    Ron I
    Community Member

Please PLEASE allow us to disable or 'clear' these re-used password warnings. I'm the most careful person I know, which is why I use 1Password in the first place. But this warning feels like you're trying to do my thinking for me, which I don't like. You know what? It's OK that my modem login is the same as my wifi login. It's ok.

Also, some sites have multiple portals that require the same password, but 1Password makes a new login entry because it's a different login page. I can't change this, it's just the way some companies work. Even Apple does this (icloud login, apple store login, etc).

I only need to see the warning ONCE and then I can decide if it's valid or not. But when I see it all the time, it feels like you're not keeping up and just hindering me. The warning is so ugly and obtrusive, I just don't want to see it. I don't want to be distracted from whatever I'm trying to do.

Hope that makes sense?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@""Ron I" - thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear you approach your digital security carefully! Not everyone does -- or is as informed as you are. Even for those who are, password re-use is a serious issue. I don't disagree that it's OK to have the same password in, for example, the actual Email Account item you created for a Gmail account as it is for the gmail Login item -- because they're the same account! And yes, we're aware that this causes the "reused password" message to appear for users who are meticulous in this kind of way, and that some users can find it obtrusive. Apologies for the "mess." :)

We're working toward a comprehensive, server-based approach to the problem which can work across the 1password.com server, the 1Password web application, and all four native clients (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android). I don't have any news to announce regarding progress on that at the moment, but it's definitely something we're aware of and looking at solutions for. In the meantime, thanks for your patience with us.

This discussion has been closed.