Autofill problems in updated HSBC website

I know HSBC is one of those sites which deliberately makes login a nightmare for last 15 years. Now I lost the ability to autofill there again. I used to have two separate entries in 1P Vault for them: for the 1st screen and for the 2nd. Now they added the date of birth on the 2nd screen and I can not get to auto fill that part. The password on the 2nd screen is being filled fine, but that is not sufficient.
I am starting on the
https://www.security.us.hsbc.com/gsa/SECURITY_LOGON_PAGE/
I am using Firefox 64 with the latest plugin.

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mzel,

Can you try saving an entirely new Login item. I got lucky and managed to reach the second stage and a Login item saved in either 1Password 7 for Mac or Windows filled all four fields for me. The steps I'm thinking of are the ones on our support page How to save a Login manually in your browser. My hope is you find that works as well for you as it appeared to for me.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

Yes, that worked, thanks. For some reason though, updating the previous login entry door not.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @mzel,

The update existing option is aimed at a changed password and so it doesn't overwrite all the stored details, only the password. Every so often we do see a request for the third option of overwriting all the details, almost like a refresh of the Login item so it's something we're aware of but at the moment it does require saving an entirely new Login item. I'm glad a new item worked for you though.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member

I have had the same problem with HSBC for years and it drives me nuts.

When saving as a new password, I copy back all the info my the original HSBC login item but it doesn't work. I cannot see the difference between the two - website is the same, it's stored in the "password" section. What else can be different?

I ask because creating a new login item means I have to copy across all the other things I have (eg: the other password, reset questions etc etc) with the aded risk of a copy/paste error

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @JamesHenderson!

I copy back all the info my the original HSBC login item but it doesn't work.

Can you please elaborate on the "it doesn't work part"? What happens exactly?

website is the same, it's stored in the "password" section. What else can be different?

If there are two different pages in the login system, the URL is probably different, even if the domain is the same. Have you tried entering the exact URL of the second page inside your second 1Password item?

This discussion has been closed.