Have account, subscription, QR code and secret key, but no master key. What now?

I had 1password installed on my iPhone. I have a 1password account, a subscription, QR code, and secret key. I do not have the master key any more. I also do not have a vault set up (so no data to lose). I deleted all the data for it, uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, made a new standalone vault with a new master key. But I still can't attach it to my 1password account, because the new master key doesn't work for it. What do I do now? I believe I need a 1password account if I want to sync between my iPhone and my desktop (I haven't installed there yet).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jin_dhaliwaljin_dhaliwal

Team Member

Hello @BadDingo,

If you added an account to the 1Password app, and have lost the master password then you will need to reset the app data before you can add another account.

Since you created a new account, and you no longer need the old account you can just add the new account once the app has been reset.

Instructions on resetting the app can be found here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Please let us know if you have any questions or if you need any help along the way.

• I didn't make a new account, that I know of. I just made a new vault after I reinstalled the app on my phone. If I make a new account, does the subscription automatically cover it? Or do I need to transfer it over somehow? I don't have the master key, so I can't log into the old account to change any settings on it.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@BadDingo

I see you also emailed us about this issue. So that we can discuss the details in more specific terms (in private) let's continue the conversation there. I'll be emailing you shortly.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: EYH-37842-225

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file