Password X on Chrome OS X fails to input data

Lately I've noticed instances where PX fails to correctly input the data into User and Pass fields. Login page loads, PX auto-suggests the login but, when I click the suggestion to fill it, it fails to fill either of the two fields. I have to click into one of them, click the popup from PX and only the second time the data is inserted into fields. Are you guys aware of this?

1Password Version: Password X 1.13.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Slobie Taboobie,

Is this with 1Password X's version of open-and-fill that you're seeing this and when the page first loads what field, if any, starts with keyboard focus? I don't know the specific code but we use a field being given focus as a way of learning when the page is ready. So I have seen it where the page will load and nothing is filled until I click on a field.

If you're seeing this consistently happen with a certain Login item though and are happy to share the URL we can certainly test and see if we notice anything unusual going on.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

Thanks for the detailed reproduction steps, @Slobie Taboobie. I was able to easily reproduce the issue. :) It seems like the 1Password X pop-up is having a tough time getting focus from Chrome. When you hover over the inline menu, you'll notice that it doesn't get highlighted in blue as it usually does, which means the menu doesn't actually have the focus. However, if you wait a few seconds, the inline menu will be able to get focus and filling will work as expected. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about this, but I'll file the bug report for our team to look into.

ref: x/b5x#771

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Slobie Taboobie,

We've got a report filed and hopefully we can figure this out. What can complicate matters is the ability to reproduce. I just tested https://sneakemail.com/ and for two repetitions the page loaded instantly for me followed by the fields filling immediately. Chrome was purged of all cache, cookies - everything between those two tests as well to try and reproduce.

I'm not stating that you're wrong, all I want to try and convey is the possibility that tracking the issue down could be more complex than it may initially seem. If for any reason we either cannot reliably or just cannot reproduce an issue, tracking the cause and knowing if the fix works is tough.

Can you try creating a test Chrome profile, Google's support page Share Chrome with others or add a profile can help if you haven't before and only install the 1Password X extension. Can you reliably reproduce the undesirable behaviour in this clean profile? There was another issue recently where I could reproduce a reported behaviour but Sebastian couldn't and in the end we determined it was because of another extension. I wonder if there are external factors that we need to account for when reproducing.

This discussion has been closed.