To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master_Password not accepted when adding license

JRBORN
JRBORN
Community Member

Hi there. I use 1password7 on a Mac with an Apple Appstore subscription. I have now changed my mac and have installed 1password and it works fine. I can access the files and passwords but cannot activate the license as it does not accept the master password. However, in the app, it does. I do not recall that there ever was another password than the master one. Many thanks.

1Password Version: 7.
Extension Version: 2.4
OS Version: OS X 10.13
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @JRBORN

With 1Password membership there is no license to activate. Signing into your 1Password membership account is all that is required to unlock the full functionality of the apps. Could you please elaborate on what you're trying to accomplish?

Ben

• JRBORN
    JRBORN
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks for your quick reply. Sorry if I have not been precise. I have the software downloaded and it is up and running. I am trying to add an account. It requests an email the secure key and the Master Password. The latter it does not accept. I am trying to unlock the functionalities under my subscription through Apple. Thanks.

• @JRBORN

This guide can help you find your Secret Key. You'll need to do so from a device that is already signed into your 1Password account:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• JRBORN
    JRBORN
    Community Member

Unfortunately no - I have the secret key. It does not accept the master password when I am trying to add the account. But in the app as such, it does.

• @JRBORN

Do you have a "Primary" vault in the app? Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ? If you look on a device that does have the account added and look at the Login item for 1Password.com it'll have a Master Password on it. Is that the Master Password you're entering?

Ben

• JRBORN
    JRBORN
    Community Member

I have only one vault and it is in iCloud.
    I cannot sign in to my.1password.com - same issue it rejects my Master Password.
    Unfortunately, I have no device with an added account anymore.

• JRBORN
    JRBORN
    Community Member

But it finds my account when I click on add account.

• Thanks @JRBORN. The Master Password for your Primary vault can be different from your 1Password.com password, and it sounds like that is the case here. If you don't know the Master Password for your 1Password.com account you'd need to delete it and create a new one:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Ben

This discussion has been closed.