Sidebar: reorder sections? (Categories > Tags > Watchtower)

Options
jimthing
jimthing
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Quickie Q...

My sidebar currently is:

Watchtower
Categories
Tags

Can I change it to:

Categories
Tags
Watchtower

As while I use Watchtower, it's not the focus of my everyday work, but rather something I check on only once in a while as part of daily/weekly admin. So I don't need it at the top in the sidebar.

PS. Yes I know I can hide the subcategories using the chevron, but (a) WT is still at the top of the list, and; (b) I want to have the chevron open, so I can just visually see the item count per subcategory when I want to.

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimthing - no. For the present, the sidebar is a fixed implementation. This is the same in 1Password 7 for Windows as well, for consistency. As you observed, in either app, you can minimize Watchtower by clicking the drop-down caret to the right, which should allow you to hide the seldom-used Watchtower and leave most of the screen real-estate of the main window's sidebar for Categories. And I can certainly raise an issue internally for allowing this to be re-orderable, but since it would have to be rolled out across at least two and possibly all four client apps PLUS the 1password.com server, it's not something we're likely to get to immediately at this point.

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars - Sure, understand.

Yes, a future feature possibility makes sense. ;)

• Ben
    Options

:+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.