Instructions for saving passwords are not useable on my Mac

OaklandJ
OaklandJ
Community Member

This is a copy of the email I sent to 1password on Tuesday Jan 29. Today, Feb 1, I have received no response (or confirmation of receipt).

I’m having trouble following the instructions for getting 1password to save passwords.
I’m on MacBook Pro using Sierra, OS 10.12.6
I downloaded 1password 7 to Mac, iPhone and 3 browsers (firefox, chrome, safari) on Jan. 17.

I have looked at videos as well as written instructions. What I see on these videos, etc., doesn’t match what I see on my Mac. Below I show two examples.

Following the instructions in support.1Password.com, “If 1password extension isn’t working in your browser…,” I was directed update the app, extension, and browser. I updated the app, even though it was less than a week after I downloaded it.

Downloaded again the extension for Firefox. Didn’t need to update Firefox because it was set up to happen automatically.

Note: I wanted to get through the Firefox part successfully before testing 1Password on the other browsers and the iPhone.

--Unhelpful window appears when I click on the 1password icon on the Macbook Pro menu/tool bar.

I haven’t figured out what to do with this window, and I don’t know where the instructions for it are. It isn’t named, so I can’t look it up. (Hint: when I click on the menu/tool bar at the top of my Mac window, this window appears)

(screenshot does not show)

I never saw the screen I was supposed to see to save passwords in Firefox.

I followed the instructions in the video “Use the 1Password extension to save and fill passwords on your Mac or Windows PC,” using Firefox, and the window that was supposed to appear didn’t appear. Thus I was unable to move forward with saving passwords.

--The instructions on support.1password.com, “If 1Password isn’t saving or filling passwords on any websites” don’t match anything I see on my Mac

First instruction says Open and unlock 1Password. I got through step 1 OK.

Step 2, Choose 1Password > Preferences, doesn’t exist in my world. There is no 1Password > Preferences on the Mac. I checked System Preferences > 1Password and only found 1Password listed in System Preferences > General > Notifications > 1Password. There was nowhere to “choose” 1Password.

I was stopped at step 2.

(screenshot does not show)

I need someone to walk me through the process of saving passwords because I have spent a lot of time already, reading the forum and support material, watching videos, and writing and posting my question.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:instructions for saving passwords are not useable on my Mac

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @OaklandJ,

I've found your email and as I think we will need to check a diagnostic report from your Mac I'll reply there.

ref: BQT-91239-148

This discussion has been closed.