Cannot manually create new login with Chrome and 1PX browser extension

Options

I was trying to create a new login manually using the instructions here.. The webpage of the login is: https://sbpublic.co.pierce.wa.us/

1P did not prompt me to create a login, I'm guessing because it is a search field rather than a username or password field (but searching is the only way to get to one's account...no privacy here...anyone who knows the account number can search for his/her sewer bill).

So, following the instructions, I clicked 1P in Chrome, and selected "New Item" in 1PX (because "Save New Login" didn't seem to exist). That opened up a new browser window with the 1P website access, and it opened to a new item. And it appeared to have the account # I was searching for in a new field (but I couldn't see it...it was the typical "dots" to hide the #, and clicking in the field made it disappear).

Now, the directions say to "Choose Save New Login," which isn't the same as "New Item," of course. But there doesn't seem to be a "Save New Login" item in 1PX.

Am I missing something, or do I have to go back to the older style 1P browser extension to manually create a new login for a site?

1Password Version: 7.24
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @camner,

That help page you found is still more aimed at the older companion extension and doesn't have details for 1Password X in part because 1Password X only offers a manual save option which only works if it correctly displays the inline menu.

What I found worked though is if you create a new item from within the web interface and set the username field to the account number that it will fill the field even though really 1Password X should offer to save. So what you were doing before but once you're supplied with the blank Login item fill in the account number into the username field, password into the password field and then set the website and title accordingly. Do you find that works for you?

This discussion has been closed.