Trouble with multiple Chrome profiles [FIXED in 1.0.9.BETA-275]

I have my Chrome installation running with two profiles: one for work (the default profile) and one for personal. When I install the extension, even though I install it into both browsers, the non-default profile doesn't work; it complains about the helper not being installed/no communication.

Is there something that I need to do? I've followed all of the troubleshooting steps, but nothing works.

Thoughts?

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    We have a solution for this problem in the works. It should arrive soon.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    1.0.9.BETA-275 should fix this problem. Can you confirm this, please? Thanks!
  • I did check this, and it doesn't correct the problem. I can see that I have the latest; the behavior is different now, as I see the connection attempts, which it didn't show before, and didn't time out after 20 attempts, so I never got the failure page. But the final result is the same.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    wraith808 wrote:

I did check this, and it doesn't correct the problem. I can see that I have the latest; the behavior is different now, as I see the connection attempts, which it didn't show before, and didn't time out after 20 attempts, so I never got the failure page. But the final result is the same.

How and where did you create the multiple Chrome profiles?
  • Sorry for the lateness in reply- for some reason the forum is not notifying me when a reply is posted. I created the multiple profiles before they had support in chrome by creating a new profile folder and adding a parameter to the end of the commandline, i.e. --user-data-dir="C:\Users\[my user name here]\My Files\Chrome"
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2012
    wraith808 wrote:

Sorry for the lateness in reply- for some reason the forum is not notifying me when a reply is posted. I created the multiple profiles before they had support in chrome by creating a new profile folder and adding a parameter to the end of the commandline, i.e. --user-data-dir="C:\Users\[my user name here]\My Files\Chrome"

We do not support this old (now deprecated) multiple profile concept.

We do support the official multiple users concept for Chrome: http://support.googl...78460&ctx=topic
This discussion has been closed.