To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trying to get 2nd computer working with my 1Password 7; It will not recognize by license

dangilsib
dangilsib
Community Member

Hi Support,

I have sent an email last week (1/28) and still have not heard back, (email of my assistant) I can not get my 1Password 7 stand alone license to work on my 2nd computer (I have 1 and my assistant has one). I have tried to send the license but nothing works and I can no make changes or open my account.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 not recognizing License from primary computer

Comments

• Hello @dangilsib,

If you have the license applied to 1Password 7 and set up to sync with Dropbox or iCloud you can choose the appropriate sync method when setting up 1Password 7 on the second computer.

After installing 1Password 7 you will be presented with a welcome screen that asks if you've used 1Password before. It will show some options below that (1Password account, Dropbox, iCloud, etc...). Select the one you've used and it will prompt you to log into the Dropbox or iCloud account. It will see the synced vault and set up the app to use that vault.

If you have any questions please let us know.

• dangilsib
    dangilsib
    Community Member

It will not let me apply the license.

• dangilsib
    dangilsib
    Community Member

Can you please tell me how to apply the License....

• dangilsib
    dangilsib
    Community Member

Hi...Can someone please answer me back???

• dangilsib
    dangilsib
    Community Member

I have even tried to deleteAfter I logged in it showed me my "synced" vault, but everything is "Read Only" and I can not make changes or add new items.

• Hey @dangilsib... on your second computer... where did you download the 1Password app from? If you're using a license, you'll want to make sure you've downloaded the 1Password app directly from our site and not from the App Store. Here's a link: https://1password.com/downloads/

If you download the app from there it should recognize the license.

This discussion has been closed.