Syncing Mac with iOS password safe

Options
el_don
el_don
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Mac

Hi there,
I've been working with my 1Password app on my iPhone for a long time now.
Now I wanted to give 1Password7 on my Mac a try. So I downloaded it from the Mac AppStore, installed it and after the installation it synced the passwords from my iCloud. The problem is, that the application created its own password safe and now I don't find any possibilities to sync the accounts.
I absolutely want my iCloud safe to be my first (and if possible only) place for my passwords. I searched the knwoledge base, but all screenshots seem to point to older versions of your software. Did I overlook something?
I use both current versions of 1password. Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @el_don! In version 7 of 1Password for Mac, we no longer have a standalone option for the version downloaded from the Mac App Store. That means you would have had to create a 1password.com membership in order to move forward, which sounds like what you did. If you want to stick with your existing iCloud/standalone setup, you'll want to delete the Mac App Store version of 1Password 7 for Mac and download/install directly from our downloads page.

But before you do that, it might be worth checking out the benefits of a 1password.com membership, however. You've already got the account set up; make sure you save your Emergency Kit and try it out for up to 30 days without charge. It won't sync with iCloud because 1password.com accounts sync via the 1password.com servers instead of iCloud or Dropbox...but you can always switch back to standalone/iCloud later if you prefer.

To be clear, though, as a new full-version upgrade, 1Password 7 for Mac will require either a 1password.com membership (which includes all our apps), or the purchase of a new standalone license. An individual 1Password membership is $2.99USD/mo (if paid annually), and a standalone license for 1Password 7 for Mac only is currently on sale at the "launch special" pricing of $49.99 but will soon be moving to its full retail price of $64.99. Let me know how you'd like to proceed! :)

This discussion has been closed.