Avast flagging favicon(s) in 1Password as phishing

dschutz
dschutz
Community Member

Every so often it seems 1Password refreshes its favicons for entries, and Avast's malware detector goes off on my machine. It flags several files on www.generalfil.es such as favicon.ico, apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png, and so on as a phishing attempt. I only get this when running 1Password. Is there any way for me to troubleshoot which entry has the bad favicon, so I can delete it? It's probably from an old login I don't use anymore, but I have around 700 Logins and it would be difficult to test every single one...

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:favicon avast

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@dschutz - those aren't really favicons, they're rich icons from our own server. We keep a store of higher-res images of the icons of a few thousand of the most-used websites, for use in 1Password. Favicons are tiny and low-resolution, so we keep larger versions. But although I think the server may have changed URLs once or twice in the past (might not even be right about that), it hasn't for years now. So you may want to look into your Avast! settings, and you might also want to toggle OFF rich icons in Preferences > General and then toggle them back on again, which should cause a refresh.

This discussion has been closed.