2FA issue on Window application [FIXED: the clock didn't work properly]

Options
DanielNG
DanielNG
Community Member
edited February 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi, I just encounter an odd issue on 1Password application on Windows. I tried to log in my Facebook account by 2FA but somehow the code didn't work (it worked totally fine before), so I tried one of my backup code and got through. Then I tried to set up the 2FA again but when I put the 2FA code or the QR code to 1Password, it generated a WRONG code to confirm after setting up.

Then I used another 2FA application then found out the code it generated was TOTALLY different from the one I got from 1Password application. After that, I looked at another password on 1Password on iOS then freaked out again: the 2FA code generated from phone app was TOTALLY different from the one 1Password app on Windows generated! (I checked the 2FA set-up code, they were the same!)

I did try to log in another Gmail account by 2FA from Windows app, then it didn't work. After that, I tried the code from iPhone app, it worked! (they were also different)

I use 2FA codes a lot, so hope you guys can fix this soon. Thanks for your support!

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.13.2
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• DanielNG
    DanielNG
    Community Member
    Options

Hey I found out the problem here already. Looks like my clock on PC didn't work properly, so that's why the application didn't generate the right code. Thanks anyway :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DanielNG,

Thank you for the update! Incorrect time settings is one of the most common reasons for 2FA issues, so I am glad to hear you've figured it all out. :)

Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• DanielNG
    DanielNG
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg , thank you for your support which is one of the most favorite things of mine from 1Password :)

• On Greg's behalf, you are most welcome, @DanielNG! I've run into the exact same thing a number of times myself. I guess in 2019, some things are still the same as they ever were – syncing up clocks is still hard. :lol:

• DanielNG
    DanielNG
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate Yeah, seems like we are still living in the same old world :) at least, because we've met it already, we know how to deal with it later :)

• 👍Don't get me started on trying to sync calander events because everyone is in a different time zone. :(

This discussion has been closed.