1Password 4 no longer works with Chrome extension?

I seem to be having trouble getting the extension to open. Versions included in additional information, pls help. I sure hope it's not discontinued with my app version??

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
  • C4everC4ever
    edited February 8

I expect you aren't obliged to advise a fix I located in the thread you linked, but as it was recommended by another user (markherdeg), I will re-post it here: [Turning off "Verify web browser code signature" in 1Password 4 (under Help/Advanced) appears to make the extension work fine with Chrome 72.]
    Works for me.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Indeed, though I would warn that this is a security feature (in the "advanced" preferences for a reason). Turning it off does expose you to threats that 1Password would otherwise be protecting you from. We would always recommend running the latest versions of 1Password, your OS, and your web browsers.

Ben

• I have the same problem but they tell me that I have to buy the new version 7 of 1Password or pay 3us a month when I already pay when I buy the product, I do not understand this policy

• @colsens I pay an annual membership fee. It's charged yearly, the peace of mind 1Password brings me is priceless.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited February 11

Hi @colsens

It sounds like you purchased 1Password 4. 1Password 7 is a separate product. It can either be purchased as a separate license, or it is included with 1Password membership (subscription). But a 1Password 4 license will not work for 1Password 7.

You can read more about 1Password 7 for Windows here:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

Thanks.

Ben

• Thanks Ben, I am paying 36us annually for the subscription and I had not remembered, the problem I have is that I need to logon in the 1Password portal and the master password is not the same as I usually use in my WIndows, how can you help me ?

• MeekMeek

Team Member

Hey @colsens,

I've just replied to your email, let's continue the conversation there.

• ok let me explain what happens to me

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@colsens

As @Meek mentioned let's continue the conversation by email. :+1: We'll be in touch ASAP.

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.