Feature request: Smart searches

UKenGBUKenGB
edited February 10 in Lounge

Since I cannot see any way to achieve this, I'm assuming it is not currently possible, but I think it would be extremely useful if we could create smart searches, with multiple criteria and be able to save them. So basically exactly the same as iTunes Smart Playlists and Mail.app's Smart Mailboxes etc.

In particular, I use tags to organise logins, but a single tag is often not sufficiently closely defined, So e.g. I might need to be able to group Logins, with the 'forum' tag and the 'car' tag, so I could view all logins to car forums and not be cluttered up with software forums etc. The only way to currently achieve this is to create multiple tags, like 'Car forum' and 'Software forum', but then they are not close together when looking at the list of tags. So instead use 'forum-Car' and 'forum-Software', but this is still a kludge and doesn't work well for many reasons e.g. logins with either of those tags would not appear in the 'forum' or 'Car' tag groups - unless those tags were also added to each Login. However you try to do it, it's a mess.

The only wholly satisfactory method of grouping is to be able to apply multiple criteria to a search (with 'AND' and 'OR' options) and of course be able to save for re-use.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd find this really very useful.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: MacOS 10.14.3
_Sync Type: iCloud & Dropbox

Comments

• landenlanden
    edited February 10

Would nested tags work? They show up one level deeper in the sidebar.
    So: forum/car, forum/software

Edit: I guess this is similar to your hyphen-based solution, and would still require you to add an additional tag to get all cars and software to show up in their respective tags. My mistake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file