Problem with 1Password 4 not working in Chrome (All Updated)

It's been a few weeks since my 1Password extension in Chrome stopped working, not asking to save passwords nor if I asked it to input my passwords using my right click menu. Desktop is normal.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
1Password Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
Chrome: Version 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Updated.

Maybe it'll be best if 1Password actually respond to some users who've experienced problems posting in the 1Password Extension Support page in Chrome webstore:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk?hl=en

One user mentions this:

Extension no longer works with 1password version 4
The extension no longer supports Chrome 72 or above. This is because Google are signing Chrome with a new cert.

1password 4 will need updating to recognize the new cert however the developer is currently taking the stance you should upgrade to 1password version 7, as version 4 is end of life and will only receive security updates.

A workaround can be used that disables the cert check, in 1password 4 desktop app go to:
Help > Advanced > untick verify web browser code signature (then restart chrome).

HOWEVER this disables a security feature that ensures the chrome browser/extension it connects to is in fact provided by Google.

Hopefully the developer changes their stance and provides an update to version 4 as forcing users to update and pay again for a relatively easy fix does not inspire brand loyalty or repeated business.

======================= Posted by Daniel Lewis - 1 day ago

I will use the solution for the time being while 1Password responds to this and hopefully willing to rectify this problem. Thank you.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file