Trying out trial, unable to log into the 1Password desktop app with master password?

Just started a family trial. I'm able to login online and the phone app. But the desktop app is not taking the password?

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @bLampert,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you able to sign in to your 1Password account using your web browser at https://my.1Password.com?

If yes, do you use VPN, proxy, or any firewall/network filtering tools that could be preventing 1Password from authenticating you correctly when it connects to 1Password.com service?

• bLampert
    bLampert
    Community Member

Yes, i am able to sign in online just fine. I did previously trial out a 1password business plan that did not work out (used different email address). But I've uninstalled and reinstalled since.

• Hi @bLampert,

Wait, I may have misunderstood the issue. You are trying to unlock the program, not sign in to your 1Password account, right? Did you try to unlock with that old account password?

Reinstalling 1Password would not reset the previous database, you'd have to rename the internal data folder for now. Here's how:

1. First, sign in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com website using Chrome or Firefox

2. Click on your account name on the top right to select "Get the Apps" and keep this page open.

3. Close 1Password if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select "Exit".

4. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password

5. Rename the "data" folder to "backup-data".

6. Open 1Password and switch to your web browser with your 1Password.com account. Scroll down to Step 2 and click on the blue button that says "Already have the app? Add your account directly".

7. Unlock 1Password now.

• bLampert
    bLampert
    Community Member

that worked - Thank you!

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.