Chrome browser extension not working,please help

Options

1p version:7.3.657;

Chrome Extension version:4.7.3.90 from chrome webstore;

Chrome Extension not working anyway! There was no response after the click.

edge can use it;

i try many way to fix(uninstall,reinstall 1password\chrome\extension,reboot computer...),but all doesn't working.

please help

already send a 1Password diagnostics report email

support ID is [#UGD-44531-812]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wikman
    wikman
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem too.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chenps,

I have found your Diagnostics Report on our side. We will take a closer look at it and get back to you via email. Thanks!

@wikman: Could you please specify what version of 1Password you have on your computer? Is it 1Password 4 or 1Password 7? Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: UGD-44531-812

• wikman
    wikman
    Community Member
    Options

1Password version 4.6.2.626
    Extension version 4.7.3.90
    Chrome version 72.0.3626.96
    Windows version 10 build 1803

Stoped working this week.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wikman: Thank you for the additional info! Your issue is quite different.

1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with the latest version of Chrome 72. Please check this reply of mine for more information about this situation and possible options. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• chenps
    chenps
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg hi,already get mail. And I has no any AV/anti-malware software installed on my computer except Microsoft Windows's own antivirus defender

• Hi @chenps,

To avoid duplicating our efforts to help you, please only reply to your email. We will reply there directly as fast as we can.

• kellyr66
    kellyr66
    Community Member
    Options

I noticed that I have the same problem today on all my Windows PCs running Chrome. I click the 1password plugin icon and nothing happens.

• ajliese
    ajliese
    Community Member
    Options

I have the same problem. Running Chrome on Windows 10. 1Password version 4.6.2.626.

• Hi guys,

If you're using 1Password 4 for Windows, Chrome 72 or later versions are not supported by default in 1Password 4. Please read this announcement for more details.

@kellyr66, are you using 1Password 4?

• kellyr66
    kellyr66
    Community Member
    Options

yes, I'm using 1Password 4. Guess I'll look into the announcement and what my choices are going forward. :(

• MikeT
    edited February 2019
    Options

Thanks for letting me know.

• codog180
    codog180
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any update on getting the 1password plugin working for chrome.

1p version:7.3.657;

Chrome Extension version:4.7.3.90 from chrome webstore;

• Hi @codog180,

Thanks for writing in.

Beside a unicode Windows username, we have no known issues for 1Password 7.3 and Chrome 72. Do you use any international characters in your Windows account name?

Do you see any issues within Firefox or other browsers?

• codog180
    codog180
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @MikeT my username is just letters no special or international characters. Firefox is also not working. I've included screenshots of what I see. I've rebooted my machine and reinstalled the extension on both browsers.

• Hi @codog180,

That means something is breaking the connection between 1Password and the extension on your computer. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• codog180
    codog180
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT I have sent in my diagnostics data.

• Deshroom
    Deshroom
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Problem is ver 7 is ugly and bad. Stop forcing us to make such worthless upgrade ... :(

I was trying ver 7 twice and I hate it. Now when extention in Chrome doesn't work anymore I have to migrate after years with 1p again.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @codog180,

Thank you for the report! We will take a closer look at what is going on and get back to you via email. :+1:

@Deshroom: I am sorry to hear you feel this way about 1Password 7. If you share specific feedback and suggestions, it will be very helpful and help us get better. Thank you in advance!

ref: VMA-88491-729

This discussion has been closed.