To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Partner has a single subscription, I have a stand alone license (purchased 2015) want to merge

Options
hatchy
hatchy
Community Member

My partner who had a stand alone license, upgraded to the subscription service quite some time ago. I still have the stand alone license which I use on my Mac and phone. We would like to merge our two accounts into a family subscription with some shared items, and some private items. Is this possible and how is the best way to approach this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @hatchy,

That is possible, yes. :) I'd be happy to help. Your partner would need to invite you to create an account within their membership (using the invite people link at https://my.1password.com/ will prompt them to upgrade to 1Password Families). They can find instructions on how to do that here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

Once you've received that invite please see this guide for instructions on migrating from your current standalone setup to an account within their 1Password Families membership:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Do not sign up for a new membership -- use the link in the email from the invitation to create an account in the existing membership. I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. If your partner's membership is currently billed through Apple please have them reach out to us at support@1password.com for assistance. When billed through Apple they will not be able to upgrade to 1Password Families. We can help them get switched over to direct billing so they can upgrade.

• hatchy
    hatchy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

Thanks so much for the reply. Glad it sounds almost easy! His membership is billed through Apple currently, we've emailed twice to that address and had no response (18/1 and 11/2). Does he need to email before he starts/is able to invite and start the migration process?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hatchy - when your partner wrote to our email support team, he would've received an automated response from our BitBot assistant, which would've included a Support ID number. Can you please find out what that support ID number is for at least one of the emails, and post it here so we can "connect the dots" and get you some assistance? Thanks. :)

• hatchy
    hatchy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, I think #TUK-69528-284, that's the only number I can see on the email. So hopefully!

• Ben
    Options

That's the one. Thanks. :) I see Lars has already been in touch on the email thread. To avoid duplicating efforts we'll continue the conversation over there.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.