Chrome extension stopped working

Was working yesterday, today when I click on the little 1Password icon at the top right side of my Chrome browser, it doesn't show my list of items. I removed the extension and added it again, still not working. If I click on it, it opens another tab saying "The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly". I opened the application (version 4), then click "Try again", but nothing. It also opens a dialog "Open 1Password? with Open 1Password and Cancel. Clicking Open does nothing (app is already open).

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: not sure
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: file

Comments

• Hoggorm
    Hoggorm
    Community Member

I have the same problem. The Chrome extension stopped working in the last few days...

• kohlinger
    kohlinger
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I'm using 1Password 4 (Version 4.6.2.626) and Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.96) on a Windows 10 PC. The Chrome extension has worked fine until a couple days ago, now it's unresponsive. I have reinstalled Chrome and 1Password and the problem persists. Please help!

• keithmuth
    keithmuth
    Community Member

I started having the same issue yesterday

• CellarDoor
    CellarDoor
    Community Member

Same problem here. The extension stopped working suddenly from one day to another:

• Extension version 4.7.3.90
    • Chrome version 72.0.3626.96 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
    • 1 Password App version 4.6.2.626.
    • Windows 10 pro 64 bits 17763.316
  • macruf2000
    macruf2000
    Community Member

Problem started happening late last week (Feb 8/19) also.

• Windows 7
    • Extension 4.7.3.90
    • Chrome 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • 1Password 4.6.2.626

Tried uninstall/reinstall of 1Password and extension. Made sure Chrome up to date. Disabled antivirus. Nothing worked.
    Also tried installing extension in latest Firefox. Doesn't work either.

I do have an iMac using same version of Chrome, Extension, and 1Password, works no problem.
    Could a Windows 7 update caused the issue?

• casegrad91
    casegrad91
    Community Member

I first noticed the 1Password Chrome extension on my desktop machine was not working yesterday.
    Today on my laptop, extension was working until Chrome updated.

• Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.590
    • Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    • 1Password extension version 4.7.3.90

Extension on Firefox 65.0.1 still working thank goodness.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello everyone,

Since it seems that you use 1Password 4 for Windows, I moved this discussion to 1Password 4 category.

1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with the latest version of Chrome 72. Please see my reply in a similar thread for more information about this situation and your possible options.

If you have other questions, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.