Chrome extension stopped working

Was working yesterday, today when I click on the little 1Password icon at the top right side of my Chrome browser, it doesn't show my list of items. I removed the extension and added it again, still not working. If I click on it, it opens another tab saying "The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly". I opened the application (version 4), then click "Try again", but nothing. It also opens a dialog "Open 1Password? with Open 1Password and Cancel. Clicking Open does nothing (app is already open).

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: not sure
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: file

Comments

• I have the same problem. The Chrome extension stopped working in the last few days...

• I have the same problem. I'm using 1Password 4 (Version 4.6.2.626) and Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.96) on a Windows 10 PC. The Chrome extension has worked fine until a couple days ago, now it's unresponsive. I have reinstalled Chrome and 1Password and the problem persists. Please help!

• I started having the same issue yesterday

• Same problem here. The extension stopped working suddenly from one day to another:

• Extension version 4.7.3.90
    • Chrome version 72.0.3626.96 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
    • 1 Password App version 4.6.2.626.
    • Windows 10 pro 64 bits 17763.316
  • Problem started happening late last week (Feb 8/19) also.

• Windows 7
    • Extension 4.7.3.90
    • Chrome 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    • 1Password 4.6.2.626

Tried uninstall/reinstall of 1Password and extension. Made sure Chrome up to date. Disabled antivirus. Nothing worked.
    Also tried installing extension in latest Firefox. Doesn't work either.

I do have an iMac using same version of Chrome, Extension, and 1Password, works no problem.
    Could a Windows 7 update caused the issue?

• I first noticed the 1Password Chrome extension on my desktop machine was not working yesterday.
    Today on my laptop, extension was working until Chrome updated.

• Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.590
    • Chrome Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit).
    • 1Password extension version 4.7.3.90

Extension on Firefox 65.0.1 still working thank goodness.

• GregGreg

Team Member

Hello everyone,

Since it seems that you use 1Password 4 for Windows, I moved this discussion to 1Password 4 category.

1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with the latest version of Chrome 72. Please see my reply in a similar thread for more information about this situation and your possible options.

If you have other questions, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file