To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Personal or Family Plan

Options
johnkessler
johnkessler
Community Member

Hello, I am a long time 1Password user currently on 1Password for Windows v.4. I am thinking of switching over to a 1Password.com account. My wife and I would both need access (no children).

Are there any issues with me setting up an individual account and my wife and I using the same individual account across 2 Windows PC's / 2 Android phones and 1 iPad? We plan to share ALL data/passwords with each other. I know the Family plan would typically be recommended, but in our particular use case, I'm not sure it's worth spending the extra money vs. sharing a personal account. What advantages would be gained with the Family plan (for our particular use case)?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @johnkessler

Are there any issues with me setting up an individual account and my wife and I using the same individual account across 2 Windows PC's / 2 Android phones and 1 iPad? We plan to share ALL data/passwords with each other.

You can do that. :)

What advantages would be gained with the Family plan (for our particular use case)?

There may end up being some items you'd prefer to keep separate... not just for privacy reasons but perhaps for convenience reasons. Personally I prefer not having someone else's identities, Passports, Driver Licenses, Rewards Accounts, etc cluttering my view if they aren't applicable to me, but your situation may be different.

The other thing 1Password Families would enable is sharing some select items with others. This could be other family members, or "guests." Guests for example might be a contractor you're hiring, a house sitter, someone who frequently visits your house/apartment, etc. You may have a need to share things like garage door codes, WiFi information, security system PINs, or other information with such individuals. 1Password Families enables that, whereas an individual membership would not. That said, if you don't have an immediate need, you could start with an individual membership and then upgrade later if desired.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.