Notification Center widget for MacOS

aycajr
aycajr
Community Member

Hello guys,

Great app! thanks for the hard work. But I just signed up for the forum and downloaded the beta in the hopes that a request that has been made since 2016, as far as I can see, if not longer, could have been closer to be developed finally without any luck.

TOTP codes on the side Notification Center widget on the Mac OS. That would be of outstanding help. Having to open the app every single time sucks. I was using 2STP awhile back but they stopped support. That's when I started using 1password.

Thank you.
J.R.

1Password Version: 7.2.6-beta-0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:feature

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @aycajr! Thanks for taking the time to register and make this feature request. I'll be straight-up with you: this isn't something we'll be doing. I don't want to tell you we'll "consider" it or that I've "notified the developers," since we're pretty clear this one won't be happening. If you've already unlocked 1Password on your Mac, you may be able to achieve close to what you're looking for through adjusting the timeouts in 1Password 7 for Mac's Preferences > Security so that you're not having to re-unlock each time you want to generate a TOTP code. Hope that helps, and sorry we won't be pursuing that suggestion. :)

• aycajr
    aycajr
    Community Member

Lars that’s the exact type of answer I was looking for. Wish more were like you. Straight to the point. “This is not happening”.

All good. I’m using my Apple Watch as a work around, so perhaps a spot JUST for TOTP codes there? 😉 idk just speculating since favorites gets mixed up w TOTPs.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@aycajr - you're quite welcome! I can run the Apple Watch suggestion past the devs; that one I've heard nothing firm about either way.

This discussion has been closed.