1Password will not automatically lock

Options
skays
skays
Community Member

I use 1Password V7.2.4 on my iMac and have noticed within the past week that 1Password 'will not automatically lock' after the default 5 minutes of non computer use. I use it with Safari, but after closing the browser and not using my computer for more than 5 minutes...even overnight...I will open my Safari browser, click on the 1Password icon and 1Password will immediately open...no user password required. I have reboot and restarted my computer and 1Password DOES REQUIRE a user Password. I have opened 1Password using the 1Password icon in the 'Dock' and it opens without requiring a user password, but if I use the 1Password drop down menu and "Quit 1Password", I have to use my user password to open 1Password itself or using the Safari 1Password icon. Again, if I want to quit/close 1Password, I have to open 1Password using the Dock icon and select "Quit 1Password" from the drop down menu.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skays - I'm sorry for the trouble. Can you please take a screenshot of your 1Password Preferences > Security tab, and send it along as a follow-up to the email you sent at 11:44AM EST with this same question to our support team? One of our team will be with you as quickly as possible. Make sure you include the Support ID number you received from our automated BitBot assistant, in the Subject line of your email. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.